Monday, March 5, 2012

Sunday Drive

Do you remember taking a Sunday drive? When I was a kid we (as a family) would load in the car and take off  for a drive. Sometime we would leave town, other times we would just drive around town and go get an ice cream. 
I find myself doing that still. A couple of weeks ago I filled put the pick up with gas, made a bag lunch and took off.
I ended up Aurora. A little town  south of Portland Or.  Just off the I-5 .It  is an easy walkable town.  Has a ton of history and stories at every turn. 
I started at the restoration store. There are treasures at every turn.
Who knows what this was?  I can think of a million things to use it for.



And  look at these lights. Now granted, I really dont have the room to put them in my Airstream but they are wonderful.

There are about 10 wonderful store to roam through. Tons of history in these buildings.
And a few lingering Spirits.

So next  rainy Sunday afternoon. Pack a lunch and take a drive. It amazing what you will find.

No comments:

Post a Comment