Monday, March 12, 2012

My winter projests, coming to an end...

Now that we are heading into the spring months its time to finish up with winter projests.
I am working on a quilt that I have been working on for the past 5 years.Im getting there. I have made myself work on it every night. So for some of you that I talk to on a regular basis in the evening. Know that I have been working on this as we talk. Its one of those mindless things that I can do, but more than that it keeps me warm.


 I didnt piece this however. Here's the story on that.
My mothers grew up in the South. During "First
Depression". They had a Fruit Stand and Butcher Shop.
My Grandmother had 5 girls and worked at the shop also.
There were several people that lived with my
Mom and Grandparent. (I will tell  some of these stories
in up coming blogs). Mattie was the lady that
helped raise and cook and clean for the family.
She took the cloths that the girls had grown out of
and cut them up and made a quilt out of it.
My mother is 92 and she still remembers some of the
fabric that is in this quilt.

This quilt will not only keep me warm, but it will remind me of my family that came before me.....

I hope to have it done soon so mom will be able to enjoy it also......


No comments:

Post a Comment