Friday, May 18, 2012

Mitchell Oregon

Downtown Mitchell Oregon.....I have live in Oregon all my life. The last time I was in this area I was still in tippers.I wanted to travel back there before I was in them again. So took two days and made the trek.

It was a step back in time. I spent the better part of a day just looking around and talking to the nice people there. My fathers family was from this area. And I spent time in the cemetery putting flowers on the graves.

There was even a street named for my family

Then off to John Day....However got a little side tracked...
Saw signs to Thomas Condon Paleontology Visitor Center. Wooooo! What a great place.There were fossils that were 55 million years old. (I cant even get my head around that)
 And just across the street is the James Cant Ranch Historic Home.
It was getting late and I need to get headed to John Day. So down the road I went. But more surprises awaited me around the corned.......More tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment